The IT industry is not the only one that can be accused of using all kinds of acronyms, abbreviations, or nicknames for all sorts of technologies, but it is probably a leader in it. Many who work in this space forget that non-IT business people have no idea what these terms mean, and of course, why should they? But when discussing the benefits of technology solutions to prospective buyers, it’s important to ensure the potential client isn’t baffled by the jargon. So, this article aims to help non-IT business people understand what VoIP services are and why they might be a good thing for their businesses.
First, the definition: VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol. This technology allows you to make and receive phone calls over the internet instead of using traditional phone lines. It converts voice signals into digital data packets and transmits them over an IP network.
Ok, so now we know what it is. What can it do for you? There are many benefits, but the following five might interest you the most.
- IT CAN SAVE YOU MONEY: VoIP can significantly reduce communication costs, especially for long-distance and international calls. Since it utilizes the internet for voice transmission, you can avoid traditional phone line charges and take advantage of lower-cost internet plans.
- IT CAN GROW WITH YOUR BUSINESS: VoIP systems are highly scalable, allowing your business to easily add or remove phone lines based on your needs. You can expand your phone system as your business grows without significant infrastructure changes.
- FLEXIBLE; MOBILE: VoIP enables you to make and receive calls from anywhere with an internet connection and let’s face it, that’s pretty much anywhere these days. It is super flexible for remote workers, allowing them to use their business phone number and access advanced call features on their mobile devices or laptops.
- INTEGRATION CAPABILITIES: VoIP can integrate with other business tools and applications, such as customer relationship management (CRM) software, email clients, and collaboration platforms. This integration enhances productivity by streamlining workflows and providing a seamless communication experience.
- BUSINESS CONTINUITY: Not to be doom and gloom here, but with floods, fires, tornados, and more in the news lately, it’s good to know that in the event of a natural disaster or unforeseen circumstances that affect your physical office, VoIP allows you to quickly redirect calls to alternative locations or mobile devices.
Convinced? Who wouldn’t be? It offers everything a growing business needs. Why not let Inverse Technology Solutions help you transition to VoIP for all the great benefits above and more? Our expertise will ensure you have the right system for your business that is reliable and secure. Call us today at 800-854-2444 or visit www.inversetech.com to schedule a consult online.